new

Thursday, May 30, 2013

No Poo!

Ok blogosphere. Here goes nothing. I've read up on the no-poo (no shampoo/conditioner) know-how, and the blogs I've read have me convinced to try it. So today begins my adventures in a poo-free world. I decided to lather up with straight baking soda (not watered down), and to condition with watered down white vinegar. I just took my first poo-free shower, and here are my thoughts.
It felt kind of grainy at first, not slimy like I had read about. I assume that's because I flat out was rubbing dry baking soda on my dampened hair. I rubbed it all over my scalp, and let it sit while I washed and shaved the rest of my body. When I rinsed it out, I defiantly felt the sliminess a little more, and my hair actually squeaked a little bit. Than I sprayed the water/vinegar on the ends of my hair, waited a minute, and rinsed. 
It was a bit more difficult to brush, but over all, not too bad. I added a little spray of perfume to my hairbrush, because the vinegar kind of scared me a little. It already feels so silky, and it hasn't even dried yet! I've read about a transitional period for your hair, so I won't be too surprised when it happens, but for now, I already am excited about the results. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment