new

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Guy's Girl

I will be the first person to admit that I was a typical girl in high school. I said on a regular basis that I was a guy's girl, and that girls hated me for no reason. I was fully convinced that I was “one of the guys,” while also being the girl they all wanted. I loved the attention, however I didn't fully understand what I was saying. I have heard almost every teenage girl I've known describe themselves as a guy's girl. I think many young women push themselves to be whoever guys would want to hang out with. Thank God I have learned a thing or two since then.

Girls: it's OKAY to be a girl. It's okay to like dressing up, shopping, shoes, and chick flicks. It's okay to be emotional sometimes, and to do makeup and like cats. Don't force yourself to like things that you don't like. It's also okay to be adventurous and to try new things. You never know what you might enjoy. I, for one, enjoy archery, 4-wheeling, camping, snowshoeing, and shooting. But I also know that I love shopping, reading, doing my makeup, wearing high heels and dresses, and watching chick flicks. That's okay too. It's also okay for you to not like doing certain things. I don't like skiing or talking about my many bodily functions, and that's okay. Be you. You can't find a guy who likes you for you if you aren't being you.

It's also vitally important to form and maintain very close friendships with other women. Yes, it's incredibly challenging. However, when you are in a committed relationship with a man (or woman) in the future, your friendships with other women are the ones that will remain important. They are also the friendships that will matter the most in the long run.

Alright, last of all, please just stop claiming you are a guy's girl. It's quite frankly annoying to all women, and a turn-off for most men. Guys want a woman they can hang out with, but make no doubt, they also want a woman. They don't like competing for your attention, or feeling jealous either. It's just unnecessary.

Forgive me for my rant. I understand that no one is going to read this, and quite frankly I don't care. Just advertising my opinions, since this is the internet, and that's what we do here.


No comments:

Post a Comment